This is an outstanding read on HR, Recruiting and looking for the right talent for your company. Thank you, Meghan M. Biro:
Here Are Five Steps You Can Take To Turn Your Talent Management Strategy Into A Powerhouse Branding and Marketing Culture.
1) Take A Workplace Culture Inventory. … Deconstruct the whole recruiting process form initial posting to final hire. Where along the way do you need to change to catch the eye and imagination of the talent you need? Solicit feedback from recent hires and even those who decided to take another career opportunity – yes, at another brand.
2) … Remember: HR and recruitment is a major branding opportunity. The goal is to lodge yourself in people’s minds as a great place to work, even if with talent that isn’t looking for to switch jobs at the moment.
3) Engage Your Marketing Talent. HR and recruiting don’t exist in a vacuum. … The more buy-in you have throughout the entire organization – including marketing, the more likely you are to hire just the right talent.
4) Use Social Media. The HR gods were smiling when social media was invented. It has evolved into a dream tool for finding and communicating with brand advocates and influencers. … And make your online interface and career application process user-friendly.
5) Keep It Real. As I touched on above, your HR and recruiting process must be honest — a genuine reflection of your company’s leadership and workplace culture. …
HR and Recruiting are an untapped gold mine for too many organizations. Work hard to make them a reflection of your mission and methods, appealing and user-friendly, and able to identify and exploit social media to reach and communicate with the right talent. This is an exciting exercise in leadership excellence.