Think about it!
This is the “connected” generation, those 18-34 year olds who are now responsible for $500 billion in internet spending each year. And in just a few more years, they will make up 75% of the workforce. Here are a few characteristics of this group that should impact your marketing strategies:#
- They’re connected all the time
- They’re disconnected from traditional attempts of businesses to reach them, even via content marketing
- They rely on friends for recommendations
- They don’t want to be “pushed”
- They want reasons to read and share – they’re amused, they’re entertained, they’re asked to participate, they see cleverness, they see authenticity, and they see social responsibility